Thursday, May 24, 2012

Indoor/Outdoor Rugs

During the past few months Matthew and I have been decorating a new apartment in Troy, New York.   One of the benefits to having two apartments is that they can "share" items.   If we get tired of a pillow in one apartment or don't know what to do with the side tables, we can try them in the other location.  We bought a few indoor/outdoor rugs from our store and have been thinking about moving them to our apartment in Troy.

I've been in a bit of a rut imagining what to do with them, so I decided to get some inspiration from a few blogs I follow.  The two rugs below are the exact ones we own.  Both of these images come from the blog Everything LEB which you can check out here.


I love the combination of the strip and the ornate wallpaper in the image above.


I would have never imagined combining a dark wall with this rug, but I think it works because the credenza keeps it light and airy.


Once I started looking for inspiration, I couldn't stop.  The acrylic table in the image above really updates this look.  Also, notice how the mirrors on the wall make the room look so much larger.  Brilliant!


I found this image on Canadian House & Home and decided I HAVE to find a staircase where I can do this.  Isn't this awesome?

If you have bought rugs from us, we would love to see what you've done with them!  You can send images to nextsummer@mac.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment